- Drain water hoses and store them inside for the winter.
- Shut off outside bibs from the inside then leave the outside valve open.
- Make sure the outdoor meter pit lid is on tight.
- Insulate pipes in crawl spaces.
- Seal leaks that allow cold air to get inside near pipes.
- Make sure underground irrigation systems have been purged of all water.
- Make sure automatic timers and supply valves have been turned off.
BOARD OF WATER COMMISSIONERS
Brian J. Morris, Chairman
Donald T. O'Brien, Treasurer
Mark S. Sauvigne, SecretarySUPERINTENDENT
Paul J. Schrader, P.E.
PLEASE TAKE NOTICE that the Board of
Commissioners of the Manhasset-Lakeville Fire District will conduct
a Public Hearing at the District office, 170 East Shore Road, Great
Neck, N.Y. 11023, to consider the proposed annual budget of the
District for the year 2016, on Tuesday, October 20, 2015 at 7:00 PM.
Copies of a draft of the Fire District Budget will be available on the Water District on this website after October 20, 2015. They can also be picked up at the Fire District Office, 170 East Shore Road, Great Neck, NY, 11023.
MEETING NOTICEBoard of Commissioners of the Manhasset-Lakeville Water and Fire District announces the 2015/2016 schedule of public official meetings
Did you know? A slow drip from a faucet can waste 15-20 gallons per day?
Fix it and you can save almost 6,000 gallons per year.
Up to 100 gallons a day can be lost on toilet leak?
Fix it and you save more than 30,000 gallons per year.